Thursday 30 October 2008

ENTRY 55 Assessment types.

by Enrique Ram GONZALEZ - Friday, 24 October 2008, 11:57 PM

I agree with every aspect of the article.Quite interesting and ready to put it into practice,despite all the problems and different reality we face here in Tucuman.I am not complaining,I am just presenting our facts.
I believe Ms Bedwell is a lucky teacher for having that supportive class.Of course, working in that kind environment is really easy and motivating for both,teachers and students as well.
In my short experience as an English teacher,I have noticed that students prefer the formative assessment rather than the overall assessment or the summative assessment.They are always asking for more opportunities,and they know they have the right to ask them, which is perfect for me as long as they show their commitment to my subject.There is no doubt that Today, there are far more opportunities for students than there were many years ago,when we were studying.Lucky boys and girls.
Finally,I think ongoing assessment is a nice way of displaying their skills,it may be difficult at the beginning for some teachers ,but I consider it not impossible to achieved it at all.

No comments: