Tuesday 19 June 2007

ENTRY 23-My dear Santa Cruz de la Sierra.Bolivia, my 2nd home.PART 1


I miss my way of living in Santa Cruz.I miss my ex-job ,I miss my friends, ex-colleagues, and students.
Santa Cruz de La Sierra, commonly known as Santa Cruz, is the capital city of the Santa Cruz department in eastern Bolivia. With a population of 1,528,683 inhabitants (2006 official estimate[2]), Santa Cruz is the largest city in Bolivia.The city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra is located in the eastern part of the country (17°45', South, 63°14', West) at 416 m above sea level. This city is part of the province of Andres Ibañez and it's the capital of the department (state) of Santa Cruz Bolivia.
The weather is semi-tropical, with an average annual temperature around 21°C (or 70°F). Although the weather is generally warm all year round, cold wind patterns, called "surazos", can blow in occasionally (especially in the winter) from the Argentine pampas making the temperature drop considerably. Official flag of Santa Cruz de la SierraCoat of arms of Santa Cruz de la Sierra
(Flag and Coat of arms) .

I arrived in Santa Cruz in 2002,expecting to find a job ,a new beginning, and a new home.After the arrival ,I felt quite nervous, ,but not frightened.It was a new city,a new culture ,a new environment, and a new country to know.Since I did not know where to go first ,I decided heading towards downtown.Once there,I looked for a cheap hotel ,because I only had the sum of U$S 115 .So I had to figure out how to expend the little money I had on me.I looked for about an hour around the city centre then I finally entered the small but cozy hotel.When I got into my room , I left me backpack and some other stuff on my bed and I went to sleep straightaway.It seemed that the bed was calling me ,waiting to give a nice and warm hug.That was at about 10 am.I woke up at about 6 pm ,I had been travelling for almost 48 hours.
Next morning, I met a person of my acquaintance.PABLO AGUIRRE,I WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT HE DID FOR ME.He allowed me to stay in his flat.And I did it for 14 days,until I found a low rent room.I remenber that day ,it was thursday.In the morning I started to find a job , as a teacher, or to have ajob at least.Later in time , I prepared my suit, and my curriculum vitae.
On friday morning, I moved towards thew city centre, where I supposed the majority of schools were.But after walking only 2 blocks ,I saw the first and my only school I worked for during those marvellous and miraculous 4 years.
My unforgettable COLEGIO EVANGELICO METODISTA INSTITUTO AMERICANO JUAN WESLEY.


TO BE CONTINUED...................

No comments: