Thursday 21 June 2007

ENTRY 27(revision of entry 8)

I am 35 years old,I like to read a lot,especially about our great history.However,Malvinas war was one of the many that call my attention.I have read,I have watched, and I have listened a lot about this issue.So as far as I know,I believe I may have the right to write about this hot issue.I am aware that many young countrymen who fought in that improvised war,were severely punished for their actions or lack of actions in combat.But I have to take into consideration both sides of the story.I was a soldier in 1991 ,I belonged to the glorious 19th infantry regiment corp located in Tucuman at that time.Therefore, I know the military code and I also know that during war times,lack of discipline,mutiny and cowardice are punished with the capital punishment.I have to be consciously objective in my analysis of whatever has happened in our islands.I only want justice,but not a manipulated justice for those who fought and died in our islands.Let us refer back to our memory and give the war veterans the recognition and justice they deserve and expect from us so eagerly. I WILL NOT DISAPPOINT THEM,WILL YOU?.
FERNANDA MARTIN SAID :My friend promises are promises and I take them seriously. I read your entry but It let me shattered into pieces as soon as I percieved the indignation and dejection this topic brings about to me, to my mind.Yet what i most value is your persistance in a topic which is still regarded a hot debate in our society nowadays.

No comments: